National Environment Research Institute (NEERI), Nagpur is organizing interactive workshop on Economic Development and Atmospheric Pollution.
The workshop attempts to focus on
- What are the current and projected trends in Indian mega-cities with respect to greenhouse gas emissions, ground-level ozone pollution, energy use, sulfur dioxide aerosols, and population in the next 20, 50 and 100 years?
- Should air pollution and climate change be treated as separate issues?
- How much of a risk does air pollution currently pose to human health in India?
- What are the prospects for the future?
- Exploring available cost effective control measures.
The primary audience includes national and regional experts who analyze and process data for the whole air pollution cycle at national and regional level. Presentations and training will introduce the GAINS methodology of calculating emissions of air pollutants and GHGs, costs of emission control strategies, and the resulting environmental impacts.
Venue: NEERI Nagpur
Dates: 6th February 2012 to 9th February 2012
Website : http://www.neeri.res.in/
For more information visit - www.neeri.res.in/pdf/IIASA.pdf